Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ghosts of Reason, Shadows of Opinion

Those like me are not now, nor have ever been in the business of reason, of comment and discussion. We seek transformation into a higher state. We do not talk. We do not think. We act. We are.

Because of this discipline, I seek to be a part of all around me, and I see no difference between the physical, the mental and the spiritual. So, I should be crowing about the techniques that bring on this exhaled state. Outlining them here for all to use.

I’m not going to.

In a word, I can’t. There are injunctions against lightly discussing narai [theory], injunctions that I am in complete agreement with. But it is not a simple matter of a restriction. I, and those like me, can’t talk about these things until the reader has the experience to understand them. The best mathematician in history can’t teach higher order mathematics to someone who has not had high school algebra.

I am happily part of something that has turned movement into philosophy, action into faith and finds no separation among either state. And it is impossible to tell you about it unless you are doing it.

That has been interpreted as elitist by those looking from the outside, especially those who see everything through the malignant lens of equality, egalitarianism, and the elevation of the mediocre found in the drive to be “just folks.” To those I respond – Yeah, so?

Look around you at this 21st century Rome that demands we render unto it. Where are these problems coming from? If you are not pleased with what you see, what are you doing to fix it? I contend that problems are not continuing because they are insurmountable, but because inaction and fear are so ingrained into society that they seem a part of the fabric of mankind. I hold that man, by naming things, sought to denature those things and deplete them of the terror that they held for him. And that separation as festered, grown with malignant determination. Words, concepts and contention have become a screeching saw, cutting across personal freedom and blessed liberty until mankind is severed from any idea of the Holy. God is not dead. He has been cut away.

For opinion, reason, and their bastard children of argument and discussion are tools. Only. And are not to be elevated to anything higher. They can produce things that are useful, at times even laudable. But tools none the less. They should not be elevated past their station. There are those who call this hypocritical. To them I say they are hiding behind simplicity. I will enjoy the benefits of modern sanitation without having a sewage treatment plant in my living room.

As more and more come to learn of this way that I am a part of, I hope that they, as well as the greater mass of humanity see the benefit of the Way, this spiritual gift of this holy discipline. To see that debate, deliberation, disputation and ultimately even language itself is based in fear, fear of God and the mysteries of God, in front of which Man should stand in reverential quiet until the day that they comprehend God’s own holy idiom, silence.

For this is not a concept yet to be, nor an ancient notion lost to us. This exists today, here and now. We find it played on the strings of our being, harmonizing us with the clash of battle. It changes us, transforms us until there is no battle, no separation. We create victory without a stand by simply being. And that makes us Free.

1 comment:

  1. Not to be a pain in the ass, but if you can't talk about it, why blog?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

I am a veteran of a classical Japanese martial school, a ryƻha, which is defined as a Japanese school of military disciplines